12 THICK SLICES COUNTRY-STYLE BREAD (FROM A NARROW LOAF)
ADDITIONAL BLUE CHEESE CRUMBLES
1. In a blender or food processor, combine all the sauce ingredients; process until smooth.
2. Heat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil; brush with oil.
3. Season venison with salt and pepper; place on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Broil the steak for about 3 minutes on each side (depending on how thick it is); remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, arrange bread slices on another baking sheet; brush with olive oil. Broil until golden and crisp. Thinly slice steak.
6. Spoon some blue cheese sauce on one side of each piece of toasted bread; top with 2 or 3 slices of steak. Top with another small spoonful of the sauce and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and chives.